What to do in Case of a Car or Truck Accident
I’ve been Injured-Can I File a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
- Was Your Injury Caused by Another Person or Entity?
One of the first determining factors in any personal injury lawsuit is whether or not your injury was caused by someone else’s negligence. This can be an individual, a company or even a government agency. When you have been injured because of someone else’s mistakes, the person at fault for the injury is held liable, or responsible, for your injury and any other effects that may have come from it. So what exactly counts as negligence on someone else’s part? The law defines negligence as a person or persons not taking the proper care in doing something that a reasonable person under the same circumstances would have. To determine if someone else is at fault for your injury, you must prove the following four things:
- Duty- that the defendant had a duty, either by law or by relationship, to behave a certain way to or around you.
- Breach-that the defendant breached that duty to you, whether through failure to act or acting in a way that went against their duty
- Cause- that the defendant’s actions caused your injury
- Damages-that you have suffered certain damages that compensation will help remedy or cover.
- Have You Suffered Personal or Financial Difficulties as a Result of Your Injury?
If, as a result of your injury, you have gone through any financial or personal difficulties, you are entitled to proper compensation. Financial difficulties may include, but are not limited to medical bills, lost wages as a result of not being able to work and any disability accommodations needed for your vehicle or home. Personal difficulties may include loss of companionship or support, diminished quality of life and any emotional or mental anguish as a result of the impact of the injury on your life. Personal, or non economic injuries are more difficult to calculate, but an experienced lawyer will be able help you make a reasonable estimate based on your case.
- If Yes to the Above, How Will Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer Help You?
If you were able to answer yes to the above questions, then you may be wondering why you need an attorney in the first place. You could be thinking that your case seems pretty cut and dry and there isn’t a need for you to have legal representation throughout your case. But we at The Moak Law Firm know that you are more likely to receive the full amount you are owed from your personal injury case when you have a competent legal representative on your side. Our attorneys are experienced and well-versed in the personal injury laws in Arizona. We have helped people through all sorts of personal injury cases and have seen the results of having a good lawyer on your side. If you are ready to start filing your personal injury lawsuit, call us today and let us help you with your case.
Have You Been Injured in an Accident?
Not sure what to do next? Contact us and we can help you right away.